Monday, October 20, 2008

On being used, and putting people out.

I find it both funny (not in a fun way) and a annoying that I go through the week here with bloody nil to do and then all of the sudden everyone has something for me to do. I've mowed lawns, fixed computers, done some business planning, cooked, yard work, stripped decks, installed toilets, sold random crap, investigated fraud. Yesterday mum begged me to help her friend with her algebra, I've not done algebra in like 13 years. I can teach myself anything with much ease, but I struggled with this whole graphing bit. It tells me that I must study more math. I had dinner plans and as I'm here for one purpose (help the fam out) I had to most rudely cancel. I spent the day sick with some nose sinus, lung, weak arsed muscle thing going on. Grand da calls me to come repair his toilet. I didn't know that repair meant remove old heavy arsed toilet and replace with new, pretty toilet. The task seemed simple enough to me, as I'm a designer, I've done toilet installs before and thought this to be an easy task. I first wish to say sorry to Mo, her sister and brother I took too long with my family obligations and I should have been over having supper. It was horridly rude , and being sick or having something else come up is no bloody excuse. It saddens me to meet good people and then immediately disappoint them. I am not in the game of disappointment anymore. "hangs head in shame".
The toilet job required the carpet, yes the carpet in the bathroom eeew), be cut. I re-cut the carpet to fit the new toilet, i removed some boards, had to reattach, redo, re re re re re. Putty, wax seal, another seal, remove board, carpet, screws. bowl. It sounds easy but we're talking about a very small space to work in and the carpet smells . I'd never but carpeting in a bathroom so gross.
what am I getting at with all this? I don't know. I am not in a great place in my head right now and disappointing people isn't what I want to do, as I'm being disappointed everyday. I work in high stress jobs, but there is always a balance with them. I have found out too much, been asked to do too much, and now its wearing on me quite thinly.
Meh
sigh
and the like

2 comments:

° said...

your a keeper, kris. don't ever forget it.

° said...
This comment has been removed by the author.